Monday, January 6, 2014

Bravely Deafult's Dandy Demo!

Hey 3DS owners, still bummed about the lack of Poke Bank/Poke Transfer being available? Me too, that's why I have been checking the e shop almost daily in the hopes that I would just happen to see it available for download.  

I just want to see my Darkrai again! Let me see my boy!
But while I was checking out the e shop I stumbled across "Bravely Default," which had a demo available to try. I remembered seeing it during Nintendo's last Nintendo Direct and was interested in trying out the demo. 

Normally, I don't really care about the demos for games, but Bravely Default did some things I liked that made me want to try the demo. First off, things you do in the demo can transfer into the full game when you own it. I like that, because it makes it feel worthwhile to actually try out the demo, because playing it can help you once you start the full game. 

The second thing I like is that the quest in the demo for Bravely Default is exclusive to the demo and not part of the game. I like this idea because it feels uninteresting to play a snippet of the actual game and play that repeatedly to tie you over until the game's full release. It has its own little story that will help you feel familiar with the full world without reaching a point in the game that feels boring because you've already played it. 

For my take on the game so far, I'd say it's unclear yet. I haven't played too much yet, but I can see a lot of good from what I've played. The look of the game is wonderful. The backgrounds and world are amazing and intricate looking (it's very steampunk like and of course that catches my eye) but not over done and still feels easy to travel through.

The characters look nice too; they seem reminiscent of some of the DS Final Fantasy games, with the characters being a chibi design, without going too overboard with it. The costumes are also very cool. One thing you can do in the demo is switch classes immediately for characters, and all the designs are very unique, even changing how the clothes look between the different four characters. 

Bravely Default comes to North America February 7th, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment